Re: ruby-gherkin: does not build on several achitecture, blocking newer cucumber

On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 17:19 +0200, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> Hi!
>
> ruby-gherkin does not build on the current architectures: armel, armhf,
> powerpc, s390 and s390x. Since I do not have access to any of these
> architectures, I was wondering if someone else had any clue about why
> the compilation fails (the failing tests are the same on all these
> architectures).

Without having looked at the code, this list of failing architectures
makes me almost certain it is a problem of assuming the C type "char" is
signed. The easy fix is to change the offending "char" declaration
"signed char".

Look at this table:

http://wiki.debian.org/ArchitectureSpecificsMemo

--