Re: RFS: ruby-columnize

Hi!

2012/10/30 Nandaja Varma <nandaja.varma@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
>  I prepared the packaging of ruby-columnize. It is lintian clean and
> tested with pbuilder. Further information about this package can be
> accessed from the URL :
>  http://mentors.debian.net/package/ruby-columnize.
>  Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
>  dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/ruby-columnize/ruby-columnize_0.3.6-1.dsc
>  As my membership request to alioth is still not accepted ,I've added
> my package to the following git-repo:
>  https://gitorious.org/debian-diaspora/ruby-columnize

Thank you for your work on this package.
I have a few comments about the packaging, that could be fixed with the
next upload:

* debian/control: improve the descriptions
  the short and long descriptions do not mention Ruby at all.
  the short description should not start with a capital letter (except
  if the first word requires a capital letter (e.g. Ruby).
  A proposition for the short desc would be:
    Ruby library to format arrays as column-aligned strings
* debian/copyright:
  "Ruby's license" is not a valid name for a license: use just Ruby
  I would have expected something like Ruby | GPL-2, with a standalone
  paragraph for the GPL-2 license. The text of your Ruby license has
  extra information when compared to COPYING.txt. Please remove the
  first line.
* debian/ruby-columnize.docs
  I would have removed the first line completely.

* debian/ruby-tests.rb
  clean a little bit, to remove unneeded comments

Best regards,

Cédric