Re: RFS: ruby-http-accept-language

Dear Anish,

On Sun, Nov 04, 2012 at 03:11:02PM +0530, Anish A wrote:
> > There is a minor change you can make to your package. You may override the
> > missing upstream changelog lintian warning or install README.rdoc itself as
> > changelog file.
> >
> > It is now imported to pkg-ruby-extras repo. So make your changes there and
> > send in patches. Also I request pkg-ruby-extras admins to approve his
> > membership request so that he can start maintaining his package directly in
> > our git repo.

> Its done in my git repository and new package is uploaded in

> https://mentors.debian.net/package/ruby-http-accept-language

You chose to override dh_installchangelog to install README.rdoc as the
upstream changelog. Since you already install it, as it is listed in
debian/ruby-http-accept-language.docs, it will appear twice, which is
not desired. Therefore, I would recommend reverting this change, and
leave it like this for the moment. You could in the mean time try to
talk upstream into creating a separate Changelog. If you don't succeed
in convincing them, then you could consider overriding lintian warning.

Cédric