Re: Request for sponsorship: ruby-elasticsearch, ruby-elasticsearch-api, ruby-elasticsearch-transport

Hi Tim,

On Mon, Sep 08, 2014 at 04:46:34AM +0000, Potter, Tim (Cloud Services) wrote:
> Hi everyone.  I finally have everything together and am ready to ask for
> sponsorship to have the following packages uploaded to the NEW queue:

> ruby-elasticsearch
> ruby-elasticsearch-api (dependency for ruby-elasticsearch)
> ruby-elasticsearch-transport (dependency for ruby-elasticsearch)

Thanks for packaging this!

> Could I get someone to look over those modules please?  Any comments are
> most gratefully received.

I had a look at ruby-elasticsearch-api for the moment. I see that you
didn't try to run the tests during the package build.
test/test_helper.rb requires elasticsearch/extensions/test/*
(elasticsearch-extensions gem). Maybe you would need to package this one
so that you can enable the test suite.

ruby-elasticsearch-api.docs contains boilerplate code. Remove the first
one and uncomment the second.

In debian/control, please uncomment the Vcs-* fields. There is a double
space after a period, in the long description.

From the Homepage, I understand that all the ruby-elasticsearch* come
from the same Git repo on github. Maybe it would make more sense to use
the tarball from Github to make a unique source package providing all
the ruby-elasticsearch-* binary packages, unsing the Multi-binary layout
explained in dh_ruby(1) (like what is done for the rails package).
This would avoid problems with inter(build)dependencies between the
various modules. What do you think?

Cheers,

Cédric