Re: Problems building extensions on arm64

Hi,

* Potter, Tim (Cloud Services) <timothy.potter@hp.com> [140926 05:07]:
> Hi everyone.  I was just looking through the list of ruby modules that don't
> compile on arm64 and found an interesting problem.
>
> For ruby-lapack and ruby-inotify, the rbconfig.rb contains at least one
> command line argument that's unsupported by gcc-4.8.  The rbconfig.rb
> includes -fstack­protector-strong for CFLAGS and other variables which
> causes extension compilation to fail:

> I can't think of any good solution to this, short of waiting for the default
> version of gcc to be updated to 4.9.  There doesn't seem to be any way to
> override anything in rbconfig.rb which would be the obvious fix.  )-:

Please ask the buildd admins to update gcc; as ruby2.1 itself builds
with -fstack-protector-strong (and has no explicit B-D on gcc-4.9),
this looks like a broken buildd setup.

  Christian

--
 ,''`.  Christian Hofstaedtler <zeha@debian.org>