Re: ruby 2.5 sysconfdir and others wrong

On Sun, 2018-03-04 at 13:50 -0300, Antonio Terceiro wrote:

> Thanks for raising this.
>
> ruby2.3 used dh_auto_configure, while ruby2.5 calls ./configure
> directly
> due to some incompatibilities between dh_auto_configure in debhelper
> compatibility level 10+ and the way multi-arch is handled in Ruby
> upstream. Those paths are usually passed in to ./configure by
> dh_auto_configure, but are missing from the direct call to
> /configure.
>
> I have just uploaded ruby2.5 2.5.0-6 fixing this.

Hi Antonio,

thanks for that, but your patch seems to be adding in a --runstatedir
flag to configure and that doesn't look supported by ruby (
--localstatedir and --sysconfdir are though)

Is that a mistake or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks,

John.
--
https://www.brightbox.com