Re: The future of rails

Hi Pirate,

Thanks for your mail:

On 18-03-29 12:00:38, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> On March 29, 2018 12:31:29 AM GMT+05:30, Georg Faerber <georg@riseup.net> wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> >I didn't found anything more recent, and the above was posted one
> >year ago. Therefore: Could someone shed some light on the future of
> >rails in Debian?
>
> I intent to update rails to 5.x. Since gitlab will take some more time
> to move, I did not feel the urgency yet. If anyone want to try
> updating before I eventually get to it, feel free.

My question was a more general one, so I won't do this, at least not
right now or in the near future. (IMO, fixing the ruby2.5 FTBFS bugs is
much more important currently.)

Anyway, this only works if joining forces, I guess? If someone would now
update rails to 5.x, I guess some (many?) packages would break, gitlab
included?

Cheers,
Georg