Re: ruby-cmdparse

Am / On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 02:59:16 +0100
schrieb / wrote Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org>:

>  I did some fixing
> and also added some superficial autopkgtest test cases
> using the example net.rb script. You can hve a look at it:
>
> - add the team's git repository to yours:

Thanks for the tip which made me realize (again) how much
more there is to learn about git for me.

And I'm amazed about your autopkgtest test cases. I actually
hadn't looked in Leitners example program.

Last not least: Sorry for my mistake while adjusting
debian/upstream/metadata.

The problems that occurred with using the gem installation
layout I don't really understand (and don't want to at the
moment), but I understand your fixes so far.

But the one thing I didn't understand even before this
changes is the linking from cmdparse.rb -> cmdparse3.rb.
Shouldn't it be the other way round? That cmdparse.rb is
first renamed to cmdparse3.rb which is then linked back to
cmdparse.rb? I obviously don't understand why this linking
is necessary at all.

> Do you want any other changes to be incorporated into the
> package? From my point of view it seems ready to be
> uploaded.

Looks fine for me too. So, let's fire it up!

And again thanks for your help. I made a cheat sheet for
the workflow and all the tips after all. So hopefully next
time it will become easier ;-)

Klaumi

-----
Klaumi Klingsporn