Re: OpenOffice on Linux for S/390

Herter, S. wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had managed to get OpenOffice running on Linux for S/390? I have been poking around the web and it looks like someone may have gotten it working on Debian at some point in time. We would like to use it in a batch capacity for printing and converting documents to PDF.

I have just uploaded the Debian binary packages for OOo 1.1. They will be in the archives of the unstable distribution tomorrow. You could use them or build your own. The OOo 1.1 source builds out of the box on S/390.

Regards,
Gerhard