Re: New name: Call for opinions

On Monday 18 August 2008 09:55:07 Geert Stappers wrote:
> Op 20080817 om 11:37 schreef Andreas Tille:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to hear opinons about the new naming proposal given at
> >
> >     http://wiki.debian.org/CDDNamingProposals
> >
> > So I think we should go on renaming what formerly used to be
> > Custom Debian Distributions to
> >
> >        Debian Integrated Solutions
> >
> > pronounced
> >
> >        DISh
> >
> > because it is a dish we provide a flavour.
> >
> > Please comment on this.
>
> ( from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dis
>     1 slang : to treat with disrespect or contempt : insult
>     2 slang : to find fault with : criticize
> )
>

> I think it is a waste of energy to rename CDD.
> And it would a waste of my energy to attempt to stop the renaming.
>
> For those with losts of energy, don't kill
>     Debian Med Project List <debian-med@lists.debian.org>,
>     debian-edu@lists.debian.org, debian-science@lists.debian.org,
>     Debian Junior <debian-jr@lists.debian.org>
> to make the new
>     Custom Debian Distributions <debian-custom@lists.debian.org>
> a great "succes".
>
> Use your energy to write better software, to marketeer the current name.

Geert: I have been talking with Andreas about this matter during DebConf. The
purpose is to let people now that the projects are _inside_ Debian and not "a
fork", as people may tend to understand with DCD.

My opinion is: go ahead :-)

--
Cuando tenga duda, utilice la solución mas simple.
  Principio de William Occam, también llamado

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/