Re: Recent ARPACK package

Am Montag, den 10.11.2008, 10:05 -0500 schrieb Adam C Powell IV:
> On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 22:21 -0500, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> > > http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-scicomp/arpack/trunk/?rev=0&sc=0
> > >
> > > Just needs to be adjusted for non-free.
> >
> > Great, thanks.  (Should have looked there...)  Anyone mind if I adjust
> > and upload?
>
> One other thing: why is the ARPACK tree unpacked in the root and a
> separate directory?  The debian/rules file has no references to the
> ARPACK directory.  Can I just wipe it out?

Think so. But you should check, if it is maybe cleaner to remove the
copy in the root directory and use the stuff in ARPACK, because this
package is a compilation of ARPACK and PARPACK. But some time has passed
since I touched the package, so you need to check this carefully.

Some patches (quilt) are applied to both copies of ARPACK and some
changes are not done via patch system (IIRC - just compare the copies in
the root path and in ARPACK/). IMHO this situation should/could be
improved too.

Regards, Daniel