Re: Newbie presentation and slashdot thread

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

> On Sat, 31 Jan 2009, Chris Walker wrote:
>
> >> This list may or may not be of interest-
> >> http://heybryan.org/mediawiki/index.php/Comp_chem_linkdump
> >
> > I've added it to http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience/OtherLinks and
> > the chemistry wiki page. It would be more useful if it had information
>
> Would you mind adding these also to the Debian Science tasks files?

I'm very willing and able to add packages, or prospective packages, to
the tasks files. A post on this mailing list, ideally with a RFP
bug[1] is enough. I'll post to the other thread about the DFT packages.

I have two conflicting feelings. It is nice if Debian packages
everything - so any package I might want is available. On the other
hand, it may be better to concentrate the limited developer effort we
have on providing quality packages that don't duplicate functionality.

> Any remaining questions about these files?

I was going to say that there isn't a way to provide just a set of
useful web links - but of course it would be possible to provide a
dummy package that contains them. If that is what you are suggesting,
do you have a proposed name?

Chris

[1] Request for package bug.