Re: Changing section from math to science?

Am Dienstag, den 19.01.2010, 15:38 +0100 schrieb Thibaut Paumard:
> I maintain a bunch of related packages. Yorick is an interpreter
> specialized in number crunching and data analysis. I also maintain
> extension packages which either extend the capabilities of Yorick
> (plug-ins, interpreted libraries) or use Yorick to do something
> specific (graphical data viewers, simulators, specific data
> reduction...)

I do not see an urgent need to change the section. If you think that
Yorick can be useful in scientific areas other than maths the "science"
section seems to be a good candidate. I do not think "interpreter" is
not the right section to put it in.

In the end, it does not have much of an effect, I guess. But this is the
kind of dilemma debtags tries to solve. Hope we will have them used
archive-wide at some point in time.

> I also wonder how to proceed: is the best way to simply send an e-mail
> to FTP masters?

Since this is no urgent change, I suggest you simply change it in the
next regular upload.

Best regards
Manuel