Re: Databases in sage

Hi

It is fairly trivial to make a metapackage sagemath-data which depends on all the sagemath-data-* sub-packages.

I have some idea how to make "binary" packages, e.g. I repackage sagemath into a PPA by simply unpacking the files, so nothing is really built. There must be many *-doc packages in or *-data pacakges in debian that will show you how to do this with best practice.

It looks like aptdaemon-data is really small and simple (apt-get source aptdaemon-data) and a good example with a very simple rules file. It uses files ending in .install in the debian directory to list files to install. The rules file contains something like

%:
        dh $@

override_dh_auto_configure:

override_dh_auto_build:

override_dh_auto_install:

override_dh_auto_clean:

override_dh_auto_test:

override_dh_shlibdeps:

which is what I use to simply repackage files without building, i.e. without compiling coed during debuild. Everything is just installing files.

Regards,
Jan

On 2 January 2013 15:48, Tobias Hansen <thansen@debian.org> wrote:
Or make that sagemath-data-conway-polynomials, because the sage package
will be called sagemath. The source package name sage is already taken.