Re: FEniCS still on SVN?

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 02:37:19PM +0800, Drew Parsons wrote:
> It'd suit me well to host it on git.  I'm familiar with git but have to
> track down the right svn commands each time, which slows down
> maintenance.

hoping this improve the quality of the packages (as at least dolfin and
fenics (this one only because it's a rdep of dolfin) are on our black
list of packages causing troubles to use trying to remove
libpng12/vtk5/itk3/... from the archive), I've done it.

https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/fenics

These are ok:
dolfin
fenics
ferari
ffc
fiat
instant
syfi
ufc
ufl
viper

These instead had directories on the svn repo, and there is some basic
packaging, but they are not uploaded, and as so, I couldn't import the
upstream tarball.
mshr
uflacs

also consider that due to the way svn-buildpackage works, the debian
tags are not in the master branch, but if you have some of what I
personally call basic knowledge of git it won't be a issue :)

Now, for all of those packages, it wouldn't seriously harm doing an
uploads cleaning them up a bit and whatnot (several of them are out of
testing due to RC bugs, etc...), and changing Vcs-Git.

Andreas: this is a bit I don't know about: how do you "document" the
svn→git move in the svn repository?  can you do for these too?  Can you
also check the migrated repository and see if I did it right?  It's not
the first time I move a repo from svn to git, but this is surely the
first time i do it for somebody else :)

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo