Re: SageMath packaging status update

Hi Tobias,

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 12:17:07AM +0100, Tobias Hansen wrote:
> More details can be found on the Wiki page [1].

Some remarks to the list on the Wiki page:

  ecl - Debian maintainer needs to apply this upstream patch

        This package is lagging behind upstream.  What about
        doing a team upload.  I'm not a member of the Lisp
        team but in the teams I'm working this would be OK.

  linbox - linbox 1.4 is required for the new versions of
           fflas-ffpak and givaro in uinstable. This should be
           uploaded soon after some polishing.

        I've just sponsored fflas-ffpak and givaro.  Is this
        the needed requirement to solve this issue?

   pexpect - ... pexpect 4.1 should have the required patches.

        As in the ecl case I'd contact the Debian Python team
        for a team upload if the latest upstream version solves
        your issues

   sagenb - The current sagenb package ships a bunch of
            javascript libraries. It should use at least these
            Debian packages instead

        Hmmm, I checked out the Git repostitory of sagenb and
        it seems to need some more work than only stripping
        JS which might not be that hard.

Kind regards and thanks for the sagemath effort

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de