Re: BinNMUs of header only libraries (eigen3, flann, pcl)

Hi Jochen,

El Dijous, 18 d'agost de 2016, a les 21:34:51, Jochen Sprickerhof va escriure:
> Hi Anton, Leo,
>
> I just stumbled over the problem that we have no transition tracking for
> header only libraries. If you grep for reverse build depends [1], you
> get quite a number of packages with outdated builds.

It was found it when we had a new version of flann. I think that's it's an
important issue and should be discussed in debian-devel.

Your command showed 57 packages to rebuild. They are not a few.

> I've found [2,3] mentioning Built-Using tags, but I guess for now doing a
> binNMU is probably the best way to go. So I would propose request one
> now and to add a paragraph to the d/README.Source.

Maybe a NMU could be an option now, but I think that a long term solution will
be better. I like the Build-Using tags, but i don't know if the build machines
use that.

> I'm preparing new uploads to unstable for flann and pcl, so I will ask
> for the binNMUs once they are through.
>
> What do you think?

we have to do something ....

Best regards,