Re: Bug #866601: RFS: segyio package is ready

>  Ok. Note that since libsegyio is packaged as a shared library, you should also
> be careful not to break the ABI (or, if you do, please bump the SOVERSION,
> keeping in mind that SOVERSION and package version number can and generally do
> evolve independently).

Certainly, changes will be very conservative.

> But since you are listed in the Uploaders field, you are the main person in charge
> of the maintenance of the package, so you are supposed to do the uploads
> yourself (under the sponsorship of a Debian Developer until you become a
> Debian Maintainer or Developer yourself).

That's perfectly fine with me, I just don't want to make a mess for some other
maintainer.

> In particular, you should make sure that you receive bug reports against
> segyio. You can either subscribe to the list
> debian-science-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org (which is high traffic,
> because it gets the bug reports of all packages maintained by the team); or you
> can subscribe to segyio on http://tracker.debian.org (once it appears there,
> i.e. after your upload has been accepted).

Will do. I'll also try to add it to the dataacquisition meta package.

Thanks again! Cheers!

intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
this message.
Thank you