Re: Multi-Body Dynamics Simulation in Debian

On 2021-03-26 17:52, Rock Storm wrote:
Does siconos do what you need?
Thanks for your suggestion! It does seem to do what I'm after, though it seems to lack the integration with FreeCAD. But again, thanks, I'll look
into it and see if it would serve the purpose. At a first glance it
seems more advanced and feature rich than MBDyn.

I'm not familiar enough with siconos to be certain what mesh file formats it can work with, but meshio can be a useful tool for converting between many different mesh file formats, including stl.

Don't forget it's open source, you could write a patch to siconos to provide conversion to the freecad formats :)

Drew