Re: Request to join the team

Hello all,

> On Sat, 31 Jul 2021, Samuel Henrique wrote:
> > I have created the repo and gave you Salsa's maintainer role:
> > https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-security-team/seclists
> >
> > Can you also apply to join the org on Salsa?
> > https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-security-team
>
> I think it's a bit early to grant access to all repositories to Guilherme.
> At least for me because I have not reviewed anything from him.

Makes sense, I had the impression we would have some role in the group
for newcomers, apparently there's guest but then there's no point in
adding people to it (no difference between that and not being in the
group).

So to try to summarize our approach to the salsa group/org: We can add
people to it once they have made a few contributions and we're
confident that they can have permissions to push to any repo we own.

I'm sure Guilherme is gonna be fine with it, since he's looking for
help on improving his packaging skills anyway.

> You have "maintainer" rights on the team as do all DD so you can add team
> members on your own. So if you are happy with granting team rights to
> Guilherme, please do it on your own.
>
> See https://salsa.debian.org/help/user/permissions.md#permissions for
> the documentation showing that "Maintainer" is enough for "Add new team
> members".

That's only for salsa projects, for Salsa groups this is limited to the Owners.

> Please use the "developer" role when you add non-DD to the team. Keep
> "maintainer" for long-term trusted members.
>
> Check by yourself that you can effectively invite other persons in the
> team via https://salsa.debian.org/groups/pkg-security-team/-/group_members

I can confirm I don't have any option to add people to the group, but
I agree it's best to wait a little bit before adding Guilherme so it's
all fine.

Thank you.

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>