Re: Debian Packages

Hi,

On 2021-08-02 4:30 p.m., Samuel Henrique wrote:
> Hello,
>
>>> The best thing you could do, from our POV, is to push your packaging
>>> files to salsa, under your user. But hosting your work anywhere and in
>>> any way can be helpful, it's gonna be up to the people working on
>>> those packages to check it out, though.
>>> Guilherme (who's working on seclists) mentioned he would like to see
>>> what you've done in the other thread.
>>>
>> Not too sure how does Salsa work for "outsider" ?
>
> You can do pretty much anything under your user on salsa (just like
> when you use gitlab or github), you are only limited to not pushing
> changes to other people's/teams projects (but you can always create
> your own under your user).
>
>> Those are the packages I made for Buster.
>>
>> Some of them are local compile of buster-backports, some of them may be
>> from testing, and some may not be related to security.
>> Mostly everything related to security comes from Kali.
>
> I checked out seclists and I don't think I understand, that packaging
> probably didn't come from Kali cause it's missing some important
> things from Kali's packaging of seclists around that time. I couldn't
> identify what changes there were required for the Debian packaging,
> eg.: why didn't you use Kali's package instead?
>
> My suggestion is to identify a package which you think it's the
> closest to be ready for Debian and then work on that. But it's
> important to check what are the differences in your packaging vs
> Kali's to evaluate if it's better to start from scratch (based on
> Kali's packaging) or continue with your version.

zoneminder
zaproxy
cuckoo
winexe
wordlists
webshells
veil-*
metasploit-framework (?) I think I saw a Debian repository for this one
beef-xss
john
johnny
linux-exploit-suggester

Those are some example that first comes to mind.
Again, they may not be update to date with Kali or whatever else.

This was only a project I did on my spare time for my own purpose.
Came to mind some other may be interested when I saw the message about
SecLists not so long ago.

Probably it would have been better to keep them for myself too.

Everything I did can be done by anyone who has a spare half hour.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside