Re: denial of service attack for X/esound?

Hi,

What about protecting .esd in a manner similar to {x,g,w,k}dm, by starting
it at boot, or having {x,g,w,k}dm start it?

Granted, this doesn't solve the underlying problem (which is that
.X11-unix and .esd are in /tmp, which is bad; they should probably be
somewhere in /var), but it _does_ make life easier for admins of
multi-user systems. Nobody lets ordinary users run startx, anyway. :)

Regards,

Alex.