One Time Password support in debian

Does anyone have a straight forward procedure for installing and enabling
One Time Password support in debian?

The Problem:

I am going to be doing some traveling, carrying no computer, no palm pilot
- nothing electronic.  I would like to be able to visit a cyber cafe from
time to time and telnet into machines here in the office to check mail,
etc.  Since there are no ways to control any part of the connection from
the outside world, and no way to run or install ssh on some public
machine, I thought One Time Passwords - stored on a piece of paper, would
be the most practical way to allow access to my systems without
compromising them too much.  Idealy the passwords would not be used in
sequential order, but that is another matter.

There are several packages in frozen (otp, opie, donkey) for
generating one time passwords, but I can not find a straight forward way
to enable the use of those generated passwords at the login prompt.  Is
this something easily changed in login.conf or under pam, or do I need to
get another package from somewhere else?  It may be there in the
documentation, but am just missing it.

In the case of opie, there is a regular tar ball for the package that
includes client and server parts, but since it has not been updated in two
years, I question the security of using an old login program without
benifit of recent security updates.

Thanks

George