Re: promiscuous eth0

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Coppock <jcoppock@nortelnetworks.com>
To: debian security list <debian-security@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 8:05 PM
Subject: promiscuous eth0

> I recently install snort on my laptop to check it out and now my pcmcia
network card will pass IP only when snort is running (daemon mode or not),
or I have to put my network card in promiscuous mode [#ifconfig
eth0 -promisc].

The command :
ifconfig eth0 -promisc ; remove promiscuous mode
to enable it it's :
ifconfig eth0 promisc

> I can't find any configuration that is obvious to me that would cause
this, but I'm an intermediate linux user.  Any suggestions on where to look
and what to look for?