Re: IDS

On Die, Nov 06, 2001 at 07:52:08 +0100, Administrator wrote:
> Hi,

re,

> > does anybody can tell me where can I get a Instrusion Detection
> > System's base?  I need the signatures of attack...
>
> Try this: http://www.lids.org/

LIDS is not a NIDS as it sounds. LIDS is capability and mandatory ACLs
support in a linux multi-user environment.

there are pre-configured signatures for a multi-user environment, but
not signatures for network based attacks.

get snort from http://www.snort.org and the arachnids patterns from
http://www.whitehats.com for a network IDS with signatures for remote
attacks (with some basic knowledge, it's easy to understand).