Re: question about something, but don't know if it exists...

* xskoba1@kremilek.gyrec.cz (xskoba1@kremilek.gyrec.cz) [011106 05:54]:
> Hallo,
>

> > > happen few times that students stole their passwords and so on and mainly
> > > they could steal even teacher's these days.)
> >
> > Can you get a shell account on the outside of your local network?
> > If so SSH over to it, then access the pop mail server.  Without
> > having a machine to serve as the endpoint for an excrypted pipe on
> > the outside of your network I don't see a way to secure the
> > communications.
> >
> > Another possibility would be to have them replace the hubs with
> > switches, this assumes you are using twisted pair, not thin net
> > or thick net.
>   no money in schools in Czech for something similar ;)
>
>   I will have to think of about it a lot to make a decision, people
> mentioned cipe, which is quite interesting but it doesn't support W95 and
> I still don't know what it really does ;)
>   I was personally thinking about some simple proxy which might
> change my SSL in CLEAR for port 80 on my proxy and create few accounts for
> on gate which could periodically get data from outside net and using SSL
> crypted connection for inner one.

Ever seen www.anonymizer.com ? They may have a service that will suit
your needs, although I believe they may charge you for it. I haven't
checked them out in a while, but I thought it would be worth passing
along the tip anyway. HTH.

good times,

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.