Re: Apt-get only security patches

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Rudolph van Graan wrote:

> The following packages will be upgraded
>   kdewallpapers mime-support
> 2 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
> Need to get 0B/1030kB of archives. After unpacking 105kB will be freed.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
>
> Obviously neither is of real security importance, but will be updated
> nevertheless. [I don't want to remove the standard stable source from
> sources.list]

Actually, mime-support had a security fix not all that long ago.  You
should let that one go through.

http://www.debian.org/security/2003/dsa-292

I'm trying to picture how there could be a security hole in kdewallpapers,
but yet it's on the Security page.

kdebase looks like it was updated, and kdewallpapers is a subpackage of
that and got updated for some reason.

See also:

Mike