Re: Possible buffer overflows = security problem?

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 08:19:46PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> The question that remains is: Does this require a security update for
> the woody version of the package? Or should I just try to get this
> fixed in the next release (of the package)?

I'd say yes. It's one for which someone might be able to
craft an attack although there may be some uncertainty
in that; but I've seen security updates with no more
reason than that.

       IN MY NAME:            Dale Amon, CEO/MD
  No Mushroom clouds over     Islandone Society
    London and New York.      www.islandone.org