Re: ssh vulnerability in the wild

Actually, people have reported that there is an exploit, and in fact even OpenBSD is vulnerable.

I would still patch ASAP. Best not to risk it.

It's probably a matter of time before a widely available exploit is released. Right now it seems
it's in the hands of a select few, but that will probably change sooner than later.

By the way, you can grab the incoming openssh package from:

http://incoming.debian.org/ssh_3.6.1p2-6.0_i386.deb

if you want to patch your unstable system without building your own package with the buffer.c
patch. (assuming i386 of course).

I personally would like to see said exploit so I can test my systems post-patch. But I guess
we'll have to trust the packages and/or buffer.c patch.

Josh