Re: Strange segmentation faults and Zombies

Phillip Hofmeister wrote:
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 at 09:08:28AM +0200, Markus Schabel wrote:

scp goodserver:/bin/gzip /bin/gzip

NO! Since there's the chance that the server got hacked I'm not
interested to give him other passwords. copied from the other server
via scp.

scp from the clean system into the dirty one.  This way he won't get
access to the clean systems because the passwd for the clean system will
not be given to the dirty one.

In fact that was what I tried to explain with "copied from the other
server via scp." and already done a lot of times...

thanks
Markus