Re: Remote update of ssh(d)

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 09:12:45PM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 1063888034.25364.124.camel@hurgh.ele.et> you wrote:
> > I found the problem: The file /var/run/sshd.pid was missing.
>
> Well, this raises the question, since failed restarts of daemons are quite
> common because there are simply too much errors which can happen, if we
> should add kind of post-update stale-executable checker, means a program
> which will lsit all running programs with no file on disk and especially
> those with listening ports. i think even tiger does not have that check.

Ummm... Tiger does have it, it's called 'check_finddeleted'. I wrote it
after reading an excelent article by Brian Hatch on this precise issue.

It's available in 3.2 but was not added to the cronrc file due to an
oversight. That is fixed in 3.2.1 (but I have not found time to make new
packages for it yet, sorry)

Regards

Javi