Re: MS BS + Sorting out the virii

Am Mittwoch, 24. September 2003 02:34 schrieb Tomasz Papszun:
> Sorry but I must say that this is an incorrect claim.

okay, not exclusively

> Currently ClamAV's own database is quite big and is updated even a
> couple of times a day if needed. It's quite good at new viruses caught
> "in the wild", e.g. we had the signature for Gibe.F (alias Swen) at the
> same day that the virus appeared.
>
> Older viruses are gradually added to the database.

Yes, I don't know the name, but there's a reference standard virus list. Heise
ran some tests and found it as "not usable" because of not enough virii.

... But I am sure it will soon grow big enough.

Greetings,
--
Thomas Ritter

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin