Re: Firewall: Need Advice

Le sam 07/02/2004 à 09:38, E&Erdem a écrit :
> I've been using iptables (or i assuming that). But at boot time it gives
> an error: "Aborting iptables load: unknown rulesets "active" ". I
> couldn't find the problem.

Have a look at startup script "/etc/init.d/iptables". If you run it with
command "start" you'll see your error, and without anything you'll get a
bit of help. Basically, it loads a set of rules known as "active" when
the machine starts up, thus you have to configure your firewall as you
like and then do a "/etc/init.d/iptables save active" to save the
ruleset so that at next boot it'll know what to load.

Regards,

Sebastien