Re: Big VPN

Jaroslaw Tabor wrote:

Hi all!

I know that this list isn't the best place to ask, but I'm reding this
list for years. I hope You will forgive me :)

I'm looking for good linux (debian of course) based solution for VPN
connecting about 100 LANs. The solution should be stable, easy for
implementation and easy for management. I've some expirience with VPNs
based on PPTPd, but not so big. I've reviewed freeswan and OE feauture.
This looks nice, but I'm afraid about security. If I understand this
solution right there is no authentication at all. So every one can
connect to the LANs if he will spoof IP. I need something better,
because I cannot trust to LAN users. To avoid that, I have idea, to use
some kind of secure DNS, which will answer only to authorized peers, but
I don't know how to do it.
Finally, the questions:
Did someone sucessfully build such network ? If yes, how?
Do You know any other VPN solution for this problem?
If my idea isn't so bad, how to add secure authentication for OE
solution.
Is there any solution to easily manage keys in so big network, if I will
choice freeswan (or other) without OE ?

You might want to check tinc (http://tinc.nl.linux.org)

best regards
Jarek
PS: Sorry, for my poor english, I'm not a native speaker.
me neither :)

Gr,

Ivo