Re: restricting process limit

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 06:44:35PM +0200, LeVA wrote:
> So when I'm getting a large amount of messages there is approx. 15-20
> spamc/spamd running. I want to limit this to ~5. How can I do this. The

First of all, this is OT for debian-security.  It should have gone to
debian-user.  Second, RTFM.  From spamd(1):

       -m number, --max-children=number
           Specify a maximum number of children to spawn. Spamd
           will wait until another child finishes before forking
           again. Meanwhile, incoming connections will be queued.

           Please note that there is a OS specific maximum of
           connections that can be queued (Try "perl -MSocket
           -e'print SOMAXCONN'" to find this maximum). Also, this
           option causes spamd to create an extra pipe for each
           child.

noah