Re: Static NAT w/ iptables problem

Markus Trümper wrote:

> Testing is done by connecting a dedicated computer to each interface and trying
> to reach the one on the internal net from the DMZ. The firewall can reach each
> computer and each computer can reach the firewall (ping).
>
> My rules so far don't work. I can not reach 'server' by talking to 10.80.137.1
> on the external IF of the Firewall. Any idea why?

What is the value of /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward ? You either have
to set "ip_forward=yes" in /etc/network/options or do something like
$ echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

If forwarding is already enabled then please send the output of
"iptables -L -v -n". IMHO this is easier to read than shell-scripts
written by other people. Regards,
Philipp Schulte