Re: On Mozilla-* updates

Willi Mann <willi@wm1.at> writes:

> [Thomas, I'm not sure if you are on the debian-security list, so I'm CCing you]
>
>> Are you prepared to make sure all the packages that depend on mozilla
>> will have packages ready to enter at once?
>
> This would only be necessary in case of an API/ABI change, right? The
> mozilla people have shown to care about the API. See the warnings
> about the 1.0.5 release, the issues were soon after corrected by 1.0.6.

Even when there is no ABI/API change, packages that depend on Mozilla
generally depend on exact version numbers.  I do not know on which
side the bug lies, but if you are saying that a new galeon package is
not necessary when a compatible mozilla shows up, my experience is
that this is very often not true.