Re: aptitude upgrade vs. apt-get upgrade

On 04/03/2011 03:24 AM, José Gregorio Díaz Unda wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> Why is that?

This was my opion, because
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/index.en.html
says at 4.4.6. Upgrading the system

The upgrade process for other releases recommended the use of aptitude
for the upgrade. This tool is not recommended for upgrades from lenny to
squeeze.

So i belive at apt-get today is better than aptitude solve depencies,
but some other people have opposite opions. May be these people are
right because at same chapter "This can be resolved by either using
aptitude to choose these packages for installation or by trying apt-get
-f install package."

I hope at this clarify my opion, which may be misunderstand at facts.

After i upgrade my system from Lenny to Squeeze. Aptitudes packet states
were messed and i must made lot of work to sync it again and apt-get
shows states right a way. So this strenghten my opion at apt-get is
better than aptitude, may be false way.

Regards, Riku