Re: how to fix rootkit?

On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 22:56, Chris Davies wrote:
> Milan P. Stanic <mps@arvanta.net> wrote:
> > What about statically linked binaries on the external media (CD, DVD,
> > USB ...) which is write protected with 'execute in place' mode?
>
> You can no longer trust the kernel. Therefore you cannot trust
> ANY application that runs under that kernel, either directly or
> indirectly. Period.

Of course, you are right here. But then I don't trust the CPU's. How we
know that the manufacturer od CPU, Ethernet card or anything, didn't put
some secret code into device which could be triggered by some
specifically crafted code, data or even electrical sequence.

--
Kind regards,  Milan
Arvanta, IT Security        http://www.arvanta.net