Re: NSA software in Debian

hi,

2014/1/18 Marco Saller <marcosaller@yahoo.de>:
> Hey there,
>
> i am not sure if this question has been asked or answered yet, please do not mind if i would ask it again.
> Is it possible that the NSA or other services included investigative software in some Debian packages?
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards / 谨致问候
>
> Marco Saller

if you let this conspiracy out, yes of course it is possible:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security-Enhanced_Linux
You should always have in mind, that not only one has insight in the code.
Just the Firmware blobs, but I think this too way out of the
cost–benefit for the NSA.
But try it. Try to add a Backdoor or a "home telephone" in any of the
opensource software.
My guess: you get this thrown back on 80%.

Greetings,
Björn