Re: Checking for services to be restarted on a default Debian installation

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 9:30 PM, David Prévot wrote:

> It doesn’t seem to work as expected: it defaults to restart gdm3 where I
> stand.

Could you file a bug about that? The default needrestart blacklist
contains /usr/sbin/gdm3 so that shouldn't happen.

> Not restarting by default the DM seems to be nice thing to have.

Seems like a bug in the DMs to me, OpenSSH manages to be able to be
restarted without killing user sessions.

> How does it work if the upgrade run in the background? Will all needed
> service be restarted without asking? (If so, the gdm3 restart issue may
> be a blocker).

Not sure what you mean by 'in the background' but there is an option
to automatically restart services, the default is to ask (via debconf)
for each service, defaulting each package to restart.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise