Re: CVE-2017-9525 in Debian Stretch stable release

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 05:21:38PM +0200, Vladyslav Cherednychenko wrote:
> Dear Debian Security Team,
> I noticed that the latest available cron package in the stable
> distribution of Debian Stretch is vulnerable to CVE-2017-9525:
> https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2017-9525
>
> It seems like this issue has been known for a while now and fixed.
> Are there plans to include cron version 3.0pl1-129 to the stable
> release of Debian Stretch?

There are currently no plans to update the cron package to adress this
issue only. The issue is severity wise minor, and would not warrant a
DSA on its own. It can be fixed in a point release, but ideally
picking up other src:cron issues which are open for stretch in a point
release.

Regards,
Salvatore