Re: New docbook packages

Quoting Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>:

> / Mark Johnson <mark@phy.duke.edu> was heard to say:
> |

> | docbook-simple: includes V4.1.2.4, 4.1.2.1, 3.1.7.1
> | 		(I left the entity links out for now,
> | 		I can change them when Ardo policizes.)
>
> I don't understand the comment about entity links, but maybe that's .deb
> related. (I sometimes wish SGML hadn't used the term "entity" :-)

Yeah, it is .deb related. I meant that I kept the same directory structure with
respect to entities as in your original distribution. And that I used the entity
files you provide. This is different from some debian dtd packages that use
symlinks to refer to already installed entities.

> Please ditch 4.1.2.1 and 3.1.7.1 from that distribution. 4.1.2.4 is
> backwards compatible with those releases, I believe, and I'm trying
> to wean them away from the world :-)

Happily. What about the removed titleabbrev and articleinfo elements from
versions > 4.1.2.1? Doesn't this removal break the backward compatibility with
versions < 4.1.2.1?

I'll gladly ditch 'em if you still feel that backward compatability won't break.

> | docbook-xsl-stylesheets: v1.25 experimental didn't work correctly.
> | 			 Replaced it with v1.24, which works fine.
>
> What didn't work correctly?

When testing my docbook-xsl-tools package (XT + catalog classes) I kept getting
problems with (I think) UTF-8 encoding when using the /html/xtchunk.xsl
stylesheet with full DocBook XML 4.1.2. I would get what looked like
scandinavian characters (~angstrom a's) with the thingee over the A in place of
the prev/next nav links for a one-page document that wasn't supposed to have the
links anyway.

The output of xhtml/xtchunk.xsl was ok, but I had to change the filename
extension from xhtm to html.

Doesn't this happen to you?