Re: Nightly builds of sourceforge (e.g. glx)

In article <Pine.SOL.4.10a.10001311946120.29591-100000@red.csi.cam.ac.uk>,
Jules Bean  <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Ben Armstrong wrote:

Ho hum, only six months too late... but then again, there's been no
traffic since then.

>> This is an idea I've been tossing about with some other developers
>> on irc.  It would be nice to have an automated build (nightly or
>> otherwise) of sourceforge.  My particular area of interest is glx
>> at:
>>
>> 	http://utah-glx.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> I am told that all I need to do is get it from CVS and execute
>>
>> 	debian/buildsnap
>>
>> Still, this is a bit more painful than necessary ... if *every*
>> Debian user had to do this, just think of the waste of time &
>> effort.  Why can't a debian.org box do a debian/buildsnap for
>> glx (and, indeed, as many other sourceforge packages as possible)
>> and put them up as a debian-snap (or debian-woody-snap?) distro
>> to add as a deb line to apt/sources.list?
>
>Or indeed, any other CVS project.  Sourceforge or not. The GNOME CVS tree
>springs to mind.  (it's with GNOME in mind that Jim started the -snapshots
>list, I believe)

I have one of these running (have had since ~Nov 1999) for Wine.
A script generates a new Debian package using the existing
"official" Debian package with CVS source code from Wine overlaid
on top of it.  It's relatively stable--the only changes I've had
to make since November 1999 were required to adjust the paths when I
replaced four SCSI disks with one IDE disk last month.

	http://www.hungrycats.org/~drunkard/

is the home page, complete with apt sources.list.

The policy is, "if you have Drunkard's apt line in your sources.list,
you get Drunkard's Wine package, otherwise you don't."