kernel compile flags

I would ask this on sparclinux if I thought I would get a response, but my
last post there was ignored :( and I don't have an imap newsfolder for
them (and don't really want to subscribe) so I can't check whether anyone
is actually alive over there...

The question is: why do kernels (at least the 2.3 kernels we've been
building) seem *all* set to compile with -mno_fpu on sparc?

does the kernel support the fpu (i.e. can userland programs use it?)
afaik yes....

is this just a weird issue where the kernel doesn't do any fpu stuff
anyhow, and breaks w/o the flag?

Cheers,

Ari Heitner
  DC: 703/5733512  CMU: 412/8622699
Non c'è più forza nella normalità: c'è solo monotonia.