2.2 series kernel on IPX

G'day fellow sparc lovers,

I have this little problem when using the 2.2 series kernel, it has been repeated with both RedHat and Debian and is related to the 2.2 kernel (I've tried 2.2.1 & 2.2.6):

Connected to the IPX is a Phillips CDD210 scsi cd burner (synchronous scsi3) on 0,6,0.

Well it burns Cd's perfectly, unfortunately after fixating the cd the scsi bus locks up, the kernel resets the scsi bus (well at least it tries to) and tries write to the hard drive but it can't, so the kernel panics and the whole show is over, and yes the cd is burnt perfectly.

I used cdrecord 1.6 and 1.8, same problem.

What's really weird is that with the 2.0 series kernel everything functions perfectly.

Oh I almost forgot also with the 2.2 series kernel the LED on the front of the IPX goes out after booting as well.

Anyway the first thing I did was mail the problem to Jorg Shilling (cdrecord maintainer) however we deduced that the problem has nothing to do with cdrecord.

I have been very busy and have not had time to persue this problem further, however my guilty conscience is getting the better of me, as its my duty to fellow GNU/linux users to report these little problems.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Does anyone know if it has been fixed?
Id try a 2.2.14 kernel but am not currently connected to the internet.

What mailing list (or person) do you recommend I send a copy of this message to?

Best Regards,

Peter Firmstone