X can't start because its missing PEXExtensionInit?

John F. Davis writes:

 > I just reinstalled X via dselect and X still doesn't work.
 > I examined the log file and the error output, and it appears
 > I need to get PEXExtension and sunMouseProc to work.  However,
 > I'm not sure.

Verify if /dev/mouse is linked to /dev/sunmouse and not to
/dev/gpmdata. I have a simimar probleme and this solves mine. As for
the "PEX" error I always got this message, but this doesn't prevent
the server to work correctly

--
PHAM Dinh Tuan                         | e-mail: Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr
Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23