How to obtain a list of deb packages after [Select] of dselect

I have successfully gone through the floppy base install of the system.
I do not want to install via ppp since I only have a 28.8 modem.  Is there
a way I can obtain the list of needed packages via "dselect" or "apt"?
So that I can download all of my needed files from an ethernet connection
and dump them into my Jazz drive.  I am trying to avoid mirroring those
binary* directories since I am not about to create a CD.  Thanks.