Good sparc system?

I'd like to get a sparc based sun system to fiddle with, and was
wondering what a good beginner system would be.  Preferably, I'd like to
stay at or under $100 US.  I've seen several SLC's, IPX's, and some
SparcStations for sale at ebay.com in my range.  Is one of these better
than the rest, or should I look for something better.

Also, if spending a little more money would dramatically increase the
speed / upgradablility / over all value of the system, I'd consider it.

Also, what would be a good price for the system?  Coming from the ix86
realm, I don't know much about telling a good deal from a bad one.

Thanks,

Chris