SS-2 libc6 problems...

Good Morning debian-sparc!

I just installed your distribution yesterday night on my SPARCstation 2...
I had several previous attempts in which I encountered a problem--

Unimplemented SPARC system call 103
list of hex stuff

Unimplemented SPARC system call 119
list of hex stuff

This would occur whenever I would do anything minorly significant (besides
an ls, cp, etc.)... I narrowed it down to libc6, so when I did the last
install, I put bash and libc6-2.0.95 on hold (I had read of problems with
bash), and continued to use the bash and libc6 off of the base-2_0.tgz in
the disks-sparc directory.

I got the system up and running (or so I thought)... until I tried to run
stuff... in which case I got a message about GLIBC2.1 and version
differences or whatnot (not in front of my SPARC right now so I can't be
more specific). In other words, I cannot even read manpages or use the
telnet command on my SPARC.

And if I use the updated libc6-2.0.95 in the base directory, I will
undoubtedly get the unimplemented system call messages (not bad really,
just makes it impossible to use the system).

Has anyone had this problem before? I would be very interested in a fix,
as I would like to play around with my SPARC, compile a new kernel, etc.

I am at heart a Slackware person, running it on my 486, so if this problem
is due to a lack of knowledge of Debian, let me know.

Thanks in advance.